It is true that pasta and cauliflower may seem like a strange combination at first, but I have to tell you that the combination of pasta and cauliflower is so great! When you fry Korean cauliflower in a pan, it gets a special taste that is completely different from the taste of raw or boiled cauliflower.
An interesting feature of pasta with Korean cauliflower is that bread powder is used in its recipe. Bread powder, which is called pangrattato in Italian, is known as “Parmesan of the poor” in Italy. (Breadcrumbs)
This economical substitute for parmesan cheese is just breadcrumbs, probably toasted in some olive oil and a little salt. Pour this substance on any food such as gratin, fried vegetables, and all kinds of salad, it will taste great.
In short, with just a few simple ingredients, you can prepare a simple and excellent meal for the middle of the week. But the turning point in making pasta with cauliflower is when the oil in the pan reacts with the starch in the pasta and creates a sticky and delicious sauce that covers the entire pasta.
In fact, it is this step that makes pasta with cauliflower special and wonderful.
italian pasta with Korean cauliflower
- 1-2 slices Toast bread
- 1 tbsp Olive oil + For spraying
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Crushed garlic
- ½ bunch Cauliflower Large
- 250 grams Pasta Of your choice
- ½ Red onion Thinned
- 1 Lemon
- Sufficient Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan cheese and parsley To serve
- Cut the bread into pieces. 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs is enough. Spray the slices of bread with olive oil.Heat a large pan over medium heat. Put the breads in the pan and fry for 2 minutes until golden. Then transfer them to a bowl and sprinkle some salt on them.
- Put the pan back on the flame. Pour the butter until it melts, then add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the crushed garlic cloves and fry for about 1 minute until the smell of garlic is good.
- Separate the cauliflower florets and put them in the pan. After frying for about 3 minutes, add chopped red onion and sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients and continue roasting for another 5 minutes until the cauliflower is golden but still a little firm.
- During this time, cook the pasta in boiling water with some salt (1 minute less than the recommended time on the package).Drain the pasta and keep half a glass of water. Transfer the drained pasta to the pan. Pour the remaining pasta water into the pan along with enough salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower and onion to this.
- Leave it on the flame for a minute or two and stir the ingredients until the water evaporates and the pasta is covered by the thick sauce. Cauliflower is also cooked at this stage.
- Now remove the pan from the flame. Take the lemon juice and pour 2 spoons of it on the pasta.Pour breadcrumbs on the pasta. If you want, pour a little Parmesan cheese and parsley on the pasta and serve it.
What else can be added to the pasta with Korean cauliflower?
You can add everything to your pasta and make it more delicious. For example, you can add corn or peas to this pasta.
When I make pasta salad, I throw in cooked chickpeas. Peas are healthy and delicious stuff. I always cook chickpeas and keep them in the freezer. I recommend that you see the post: how to cook chickpeas stovetop.
This is a healthy and fast meal that is lovely. The aroma of garlic with cauliflower taste is so great. This food is low cost.
Cauliflower and pasta are the most expensive ingredients in this recipe. I wrote a recipe for curry noodle salad, an excellent easy meal. My advice is to try them.