Bone broth is a famous and popular Iranian food. The broth is usually eaten with rice, But it can be served with bread; Which is very tasty along with fresh vegetables and Doogh(Persian Yogurt Drink).
This cuisine has many benefits. The presence of collagen in the bone marrow improves the health of bones and joints.
- 1 Beef bone (A whole bone that divided into two pieces)
- 0.2 lb meat lamb neck
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium potato
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Whole yellow peas in the desired amount
- Salt – turmeric – black pepper powder – chili pepper in the desired amount
- 2 Omani limes
- Lukewarm water in the desired amount
- Put the crushed bones in a pot full of water and leave it on a high flame. After 20 minutes, dark bubbles accumulate on the water and cause the water to become dark.
We have to take the bones out of the pot, throw away the water. This water should be discarded because the dark foam on it will make the stew discolored. Then wash the bones with lukewarm water and set them aside.
- Chop the onion finely and fry it in oil. When the onion’s color changes to golden, add the neck meat and fry until the meat color turns brown. Neck meat should be minced.
- Divide the potatoes into four pieces and add to other ingredients.
- Then add turmeric, black pepper, chili pepper, and stir.
- Wash the yellow split peas and add them.
- Next, add tomato paste to the ingredients and fry. The paste should be slightly fried to get out of the raw.
- You can add limu omani to your stew. It get a sour delicious taste and amazing.
- Then put the bones on the ingredients and pour boiling water on them. The broth should be cooked on a low flame for about 4 hours. Finally, increase the flame when you are sure that the ingredients are cooked. Half of the food-water should evaporate and Concentrate the stew.
Enjoy this delicious food with fragrant vegetables and onions.
This is bone marrow :
If you want to know the attributes of beef bone broth, you can see this post.
One of the famous and authentic Iranian dishes is khoresh ghormeh sabzi. I have posted this recipe on the blog. Also, I have written the exact ratio of vegetables that used in ghormeh sabzi. I advise that see it.