Cherry Pickle Recipe, Easy and simple
Cherry is a popular and lovely fruit. Sour cherry is a small fruit with a sour taste. Its pickle is very tasty and easy to make.
Pickled cherry recipe is easy and simple, with a delicious and lovely taste. It’s called Torshi Albaloo in Iran. Due to its small and light seeds, it is ready to be used quickly.
Cherry Pickles are made with vinegar and some salt. Also, some sugar is poured to reduce the bite of the vinegar, which is optional.
How to make cherry pickle
- 1 kg Cherries or sour cherries
- 2 cup Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Few leaves Fresh mint (or 1 tbsp dry mint) optional
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds optional
- Wash the jar and let it dry completely.
- Remove the cherries stems.
- Wash the cherries and spread them on a clean towel to dry.
- Mix white vinegar with sugar and salt and put on heat. When it boils a little, turn off the heat. Let it cool.
- After the cherries are completely dry, pour them into a clean jar.
- Pour vinegar and salt mixture on them.
- Pour a spoonful of coriander seeds and fresh mint into the glass. Close the glass lid tightly.
- Pickled cherries will be ready after 1 week. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 year.
- Use healthy cherries / sour cherries to make pickles. Damaged, ugly and crushed cherries are not suitable for this recipe.
- Pouring sugar will reduce the sharpness of vinegar and you won't be bothered while eating.
- Wash the pickle jar and let it dry completely or dry it with a towel. Containers used for pickling must be completely free of wetness and fat so that it does not mold.
- Let the sour cherries and the vinegar on them fill the jar; In this way, the possibility of air entering the jar will be less.
- You can put plastic on the glass, then close the lid tightly. Covering the jar mouth with plastic prevents the air from entering and the pickle does not mold.
Vinegar is strong and hurts the throat, what should I do?
You can use a combination of vinegar and boiled water. Boil 3 glasses of water and let it cool. Then combine it with a glass of vinegar. You can use grape vinegar (red or white).
For every glass of vinegar, use 3 glasses of water.
I want pickled cherries to be prepared faster, what should I do?
You can put the pickle jar in front of the sun for 1 day. Then leave it in the refrigerator or a cool place for 1 week to 10 days and then finish it.
Persian Sour Cherry Pickle is one of the popular pickles made in Iran. This pickle is usually made in the summer season, because this fruit is found in Iran in the summer.
You can serve Sour cherry pickles with any food. If you make it, comment here. I will be happy to see your comments.