Bars are one of the easiest homemade sweets and banana bars are one of the most delicious ones! This no bake banana oatmeal bar recipe is one of the simplest recipes in the world. You just have to mix a couple of ingredients together, you’re not going to do anything hard. This recipe prepares quickly and requires simple ingredients which are usually available at home.
No bake banana bars are very nutritious, full of energy and minerals. They are a great choice for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with milk or for children to eat at school. You can also use it as a snack in between your workout since it gives you a lot of energy.
According to healthine.com bananas have a lot of benefits. Bananas are a healthy source of fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and various antioxidants and phytonutrients.
The main ingredients of no bake banana oatmeal bars are the following:
But you can use any nuts or dried fruits that you have access to. The recipe for this delicious bar isn’t limited to just a few ingredients, you can use your creativity and try whatever you have access to. Just make sure the ingredients are not too loose and watery.
no bake banana oatmeal bars
- 15 Dates
- 1 Bananas mashed-medium or small
- 5 tbsp Oatmeal
- 10 Walnuts
- 30 seeds Pistachio
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame
- ¼ tbsp Cinnamon powder
- prepare a cake mold or any other dish, it would be better to choose a square or a rectangular dish. Put plastic, parchment paper or wax paper in it.The plastic should rise above the corners of the dish to cover the corners so you can remove the bar out of the dish after drying.
- Remove out the kernels of dates and put them in a food processor to chops them. There’s no need for them to be completely crushed. Between 10 to 30 minutes is enough. If the dates are too firm, add 2 tablespoons of warm water.Also, instead of using a food processor you can fry the dates on low heat to soften them. Or soak them in a half a cup of boiled water for about 15 to 20 minutes to soften them.Then throw out the water. The dates should not have any water. Mash the dates with the back of a fork.
- Chop the walnuts and pistachios by a knife. They don’t have to be ground, if you use a knife to crush them, the pieces will be visible in the bar and eventually your bar will look better.
- Mash the banana with the back of a fork.
- Put the banana and the dates in a blender to mix them together or you can use the back of a fork.
- Add walnuts, pistachios, oatmeal, sunflower seeds and cinnamon.
- Place a layer of biscuits on the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the prepared ingredients on the biscuits. then press them well with the back of a spoon or your hand so that they will stick together. This way there’ll be no holes left in the ingredients and your bar will have a more beautiful and smooth look.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for decorating. Makes sure to press them with your hands to make them stick to the rest of the ingredients.
- Leave them in the fridge for about 2 to 4 hours to harden the ingredients.
- Take the dish out of the fridge. Pull the corners of the paper or plastic to remove the bar and put it on a flat surface. Then cut it with a knife in the shape of rectangles.With the ingredients of this recipe, you can have 6 pieces of date bars with no bake.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao powder
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut powder for decorating instead of sesames
The best ways to chop dates:
- With the back of a fork
- food processor
- Heating in a frying pan
– It is better not to soak the dates.
I can boldly say that this is one the most delicious snacks in the world. The taste of bananas along with dates, cinnamon and nuts is wonderful.
If you have bananas at home, I have another recipe on my blog: Eggless Banana Pancakes. I recommend you try it too.
This is a no bake recipe and you can prepare it in less than 20 minutes. It’s only the time that it needs to stay in the fridge that might bore the children; but I assure you it’s worth the wait. And that’s why we chose it as a ideal dessert recipe in Dessert Recipe Finder.
If you made these delicious and easy no bake banana oatmeal bars, tell us about the way they tasted and smelled in the comments.