Date bar with oatmeal and nuts is one of the most nutritious bars you have ever tried. This date bar has a no bake recipe and prepares very quickly. The mixture of dates, walnuts and cinnamon is an amazing mixture that has a great taste and gives you a lot of energy; specially if you add oats too.
According to pubmed.gov dates are a good source of energy, 100 grams of dates can provide an average of 314 kilo calories. Dates are a good source of :
- mainly carotenoids and phenolics
- higher protein and fat
- high in dietary fiber, phenolics and antioxidants
Conforming to healthline.com, oats have incredible benefits, such as:
- Oats Can Improve Blood Sugar Control
Oatmeal Is Very Filling and May Help You Lose Weight
Oats Are Incredibly Nutritious : Manganese, Phosphorus. Iron, Zinc, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B5
Bars are great for breakfast and snacks! children won’t get tired of eating this delicious and nutritious food. If your child doesn’t like eating dates, he/she will definitely like eating these healthy date bars.
All the sweetness of these bars come from dates and there’s no need to add sugar. If you would like it to be sweeter, you can use raisins, honey or date syrup.
This date bar prepares easy. You can use most nuts in this recipe, so if you didn’t have access to one or more of the ingredients of this recipe, there’s no need to worry. I’ll tell you what to use instead.
Date bar recipe no bake – with oat and nuts
- 20 Dates
- 10 Walnut
- 30 Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 4 Oats
- 2 tbsp Sesame to decorate
- ¼ tbsp Cinnamon powder
- Cardamom powder
- prepare a cake mold or any other dish, it would be better to choose a square or a rectangular dish. Put plastic, parchment paper or wax paper in it.The plastic should rise above the corners of the dish to cover the corners so you can remove the bar out of the dish after drying.
- Remove out the kernels of dates and put them in a food processor to chops them. There’s no need for them to be completely crushed. Between 10 to 30 minutes is enough.If the dates are too firm, add 2 tablespoons of warm water. Also, instead of using a food processor, you can fry the dates on low heat to soften them.Or soak them in a half a cup of boiled water for about 15 to 20 minutes to soften them. Then throw out the water. The dates should not have any water. Mash the dates with the back of a fork.
- Chop the walnuts and pistachios by a knife. They don’t have to be ground, if you use a knife to crush them, the pieces will be visible in the bar and eventually your bar will look better.
- Add cinnamon, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds and oats to dates. This mixture is a little dry but they mix well when stirred.
- Pour the ingredients into the dish. then press them well with the back of a spoon or your hand so that they will stick together.This way there’ll be no holes left in the ingredients and your bar will have a more beautiful and smooth look.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top for decorating. Makes sure to press them with your hands to make them stick to the rest of the ingredients.
- Leave them in the fridge for about 2 to 4 hours to harden the ingredients.
- Take the dish out of the fridge. Pull the corners of the paper or plastic to remove the bar and put it on a flat surface. Then cut it with a knife in the shape of rectangles.With the ingredients of this recipe, you can have 6 pieces of date bars with no bake.
Extra tips about Date bar recipe no bake, with oat and nuts- After chopping the nuts, you can put them on heat in a frying pan for them to lose their raw taste. - Here’s another way for preparing this bar: Put the nuts on heat in a frying pan. Then add the mashed dates. After it got cooler, mix them with a banana. This method is perfect if you didn’t use a food processor and soaked the dates in water. This way the extra water of the soak dates will completely evaporate. The harder the ingredients are the sooner your bar will dry. - If the dates were too dry, remove the kernels and soak them for about 30 minutes in boiled water. - Don’t ground walnuts and pistachios, the nut pieces shouldn’t be too small and form a powder. If the nut pieces can be seen, your bars will look better. - If you don’t have a square or rectangle mold, you can use any other dish in the shape of a square or rectangle. You can even use a plastic dish, but the dish should be hard so you can press the dates. - You can even make the date bar with oats without a dish. Spread the ingredients in a plastic, flatten them with a rolling pin. Then cut them into rectangular slices with a knife. - You can even roll and round the bars in the form are chocolate truffles. - If cutting with a knife was difficult for you and the dates had gotten too hard, soak the knife in warm water a little. - Consume the bars when they are fresh; the rest can be stored in a closed container in the fridge for up to a week. - You can put biscuits in the bottom of the bars like the no-bake banana bar recipe and then press the dates. - You can change the ingredients of this recipe according to your taste. Use your creativity and replace any other ingredients that you have access to, such as:
- Dried figs
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dried apricots
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao powder
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut powder for decorating instead of sesames
- Maple syrup
- Date or grape syrup
In this post we examined the date bar recipe no-bake. Date bars can be prepared with oats and nuts. You can add any other nuts or ingredients to this recipe. Since this bar doesn’t need to cook it prepares quickly.
But you have to leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours. If you soak the dates in water it will take longer for them to dry, but even if they are not completely dried, they are still fantastic and delicious.