Noodle salad is a delicious salad that can be used as a snack or appetizer or even a main dish. Specially, if the noodle salad is served with mayonnaise that has curry powder which is a great spice and is a great choice for those who love noodles.
This salad is prepared quickly and everyone loves how it tastes, Specially, Children who love this salad’s colorful ingredients and sauce. If you don’t have access to the ingredients of this recipe, you can use your creativity and replace any other ingredients that you have available. So you can get up right now and use any ingredients that you have at home to make a curry noodle salad.
It’s said that virgin olive oil helps the digestive system function better. I suggest adding some olive oil or sesame oil to your salad.
I rather for the ingredients of this salad to be cooked and I don’t like to feel a raw carrot under my teeth, so, I cook the carrots and cauliflowers. All of the ingredients used in this delicious salad are cooked, except for onions and purple cabbage.
Curry noodle salad with mayonnaise
- 3 Noodles small packages
- 1 Potato, chopped medium
- 1 Carrots, chopped medium
- ½ cup Cauliflower
- ½ cup Chickpeas, baked
- ½ cup Can corn
- ½ cup Can peas
- 2 leaves Purple cabbage
- 1 Onion medium
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or sesame oil optional
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ⅓ tbsp Curry powder
- ½ tsp Oregano powder
- ½ tsp Thyme powder
- Salt as needed
- Cook the carrots, potatoes and cauliflowers: finely chop the carrots and potatoes. Chop the cauliflowers too. Put the carrots, potatoes and cauliflowers in a pot with water on heat. Let them cook for about 10 minutes so they get soft. You can also add some cooked chickpeas .I recommend reading the post about cooking chickpeas stovetop.
- Prepare the canned corn and pea.
- chop the onions and purple cabbage into small pieces.
- Prepare the curry sauce: mix mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper together. Stir in the yogurt and mayo with a spoon until smooth before mixing them with the other ingredients.
- Cook the noodles: put a pot of water on heat and then prepare the noodles according to the instructions written on them. I cook the noodles for about 5 to 10 minutes. If there’s a noodle spice in the package, add that too. After cooking, pour them in a colander.
- Mix all the ingredients: add all the ingredients to the noodles and then pour the sauce. You can add a little olive oil or sesame oil too. Stir well.After mixing everything together you can eat the salad right after or you can put it in room temperature or the fridge for the ingredients to taste better.
Extra tips about curry noodle salad with mayonnaiseAs I said earlier, if you didn’t have access to the ingredients for this curry noodle salad with mayonnaise, you can alternate any other ingredients. For example, if you don’t have purple cabbage at home, you can chop up some lettuce or even fresh aromatic herbs like parsley and use them. The following ingredients can be good alternatives to the ingredients of this recipe:
- Cooked chicken fillet
- Bologna (baloney)
- Pickled cucumber
- Cooked green peas
- Fresh parsley, coriander or spinach
- Black pepper
- Cloves and…
In this recipe you got introduced to an easy curry noodle salad with mayonnaise. This salad prepares quickly and most of its ingredients are replaceable, except for noodles and curry powder.
This is a delicious meal that you can have for lunch or dinner. This is one of the recipes that have been added to the Recipe Finder tool.
If you have chickpeas and rice at home, I suggest you to see the post: 8 recipes with chickpeas and rice. It will probably be useful for you.
If you made this salad at home, tell us, did you use your creativity? What ingredients did you replace? I would be happy to see your creativity in the comments!